ADULT BASIC EDUCATION | DIGITAL
- Reading: 204 – 227
- Math: 194 – 214
- Reading: 442 – 535
- Total Math: 449 – 536
- Language: 458 – 546
ALL Academic Successes build on the FOUNDATIONS of knowledge. The learning of Reading, Mathematics and Language Arts require a comprehensive, multi-disciplinary teaching methodology.
The Aztec Foundations Series is the perfect place to continue instruction and build upon basic skills. Focusing on Grade Level Equivalency 3.0-5.9 – but written for adults – the Foundations Series sets the groundwork in all three of the key academic areas of Reading, Writing, and Mathematics. With a scaffolded approach, each concept utilizes and enhances the concepts mastered before it.
The Foundations Series provides a diagnostic, learning, and practice opportunities that assesses and prescribes customized individual learning plans to assist learners in the remediation of their basic skills. By using mature life and work situations with age-appropriate graphics to present the lessons, the learner is engaged, challenged, and absorbed by the learning to successful completion.
TOPICS INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
Adding & Subtracting
Multiplying & Dividing
Fractions & Decimals
Personal Financial Skills
Maps & Illustrations
- Strategic scaffolding of instruction accelerates the acquisition and retention of academic skills.
- Students are provided with personalized learning plans that maximize instruction time and lead to Measurable Skill Gains (MSGs).
- Students can progress through the entire spectrum of Educational Functioning Levels (EFLs) while on the same learning platform.
- Learning experiences utilize multiple modalities including audio/visual elements that provide for a deeper degree of interest and immersion in the learning experience.
- Ongoing formative assessments assure mastery and instill confidence as students progress through each unit.
- Teachers can develop individualized learning plans through the creation of custom classes that meet the specific needs of each learner.
ADMIN & MANAGEMENT
The reporting functionality of Aztec’s management system allows for data collection of student progress and evidence of student growth. This allows teachers and administrators to track and monitor student learning in each academic area and individual sub-skill in addition to providing remediation plans to guide instruction and therefore accountability to the CCRS.