ADULT BASIC EDUCATION | DIGITAL
- Reading: 203 and Below
- Math: 193 and Below
- Reading: 300 – 441
- Total Math: 300 – 448
- Language: 300 – 457
ALL Academic Successes MUST begin with the FUNDAMENTALS. The symbiotic relationships between Reading, Mathematics and Language Arts require a comprehensive approach to education inclusive of a multi-disciplinary teaching methodology.
The Aztec Fundamentals Series is the perfect place to begin, whether your student is an English Language Learner or life intervened in their education. Beginning at 0.5 grade level equivalency, but written for adults, the Fundamentals Series sets the groundwork in all three of the major academic areas of Reading, Mathematics and Language Arts. With a scaffolded approach, each concept utilizes and enhances the concepts mastered before it.
The Fundamentals Series provides a diagnostic, learning, and practice opportunities that assesses and prescribes a customized individual learning plan to assist learners in the remediation of basic skills. By using mature life and work situations with age-appropriate graphics to present the lessons, the learner is engaged, challenged, and absorbed by the learning.
TOPICS INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
Letters and Sounds
Short & Long Vowels
Words & Word Families
Sight & Root Words
Prefixes & Suffixes
Capitalization & Punctuation
Grammar & Usage
Parts of Speech
Prepositions & Conjunctions
Reading in the Content Areas
Basic Writing Skills
The Writing Process
- Strategic scaffolding of instruction accelerates the acquisition and retention of academic skills.
- Students are provided with personalized learning plans that maximize instruction time and lead to Measurable Skill Gains (MSGs).
- Students can progress through the entire spectrum of Educational Functioning Levels (EFLs) while on the same learning platform.
- Learning experiences utilize multiple modalities including audio/visual elements that provide for a deeper degree of interest and immersion in the learning experience.
- Ongoing formative assessments assure mastery and instill confidence as students progress through each unit.
- Teachers can develop individualized learning plans through the creation of custom classes that meet the specific needs of each learner.