HIGH SCHOOL EQUIVALENCY | print
Steck-Vaughn’s Complete GED® test preparation
Steck-Vaughn’s Complete GED® Test Preparation from Paxen Publishing provides a comprehensive program of skills, instruction and practice designed to help GED® candidates develop the foundation needed to prepare for the GED® Test. The program includes pretests and posttests for each content area that enable learners to first identify their strengths and weaknesses and then check their readiness to move forward. This volume covers all four content-areas: Reasoning Through Language Arts, Mathematical Reasoning, Science, and Social Studies.
TOPICS INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
► MATHematical reasoning
- Basic Math
- Basic Algebra
- Graphs and Functions
► reasoning through Language Arts
- Reading for Meaning
- Identifying and Creating Arguments
- Grammar and Language
- Reading for Meaning in Science
- Designing and Interpreting Science Experiments
- Using Numbers and Graphics in Science
► Social Studies
- Reading for Meaning in Social Studies
- Analyzing Historical Events and Arguments in Social Studies
- Using Numbers and Graphs in Social Studies
SHOP AZTEC Publications
- High Impact Lessons focus on the High Impact Indicators identified by GED® Testing Service to be the foundational skills critical to student success.
- At Work features provide real-world context and application to the skills covered.
- Pretests help students identify strengths and weaknesses so they can focus their studies on areas that need improvement.
- Practice Tests simulate the GED® testing experience as close as possible in a print format. Technology-enhanced item types are explained in detail and presented in a manner that mimics the online experience.
- Answers with Full Explanations – Answer Key includes correct answers, explanations, and rationales that can be used for independent study.
- Calculator Practice – The Calculator Handbook features information about and practice with the TI-30XS scientific calculator, the official calculator for the GED® Test
- Performance Analysis Charts – Track your performance on pretests and practice tests with individualized charts designed to help measure your strengths and weaknesses in each content area
- In-depth Extended Response Guidelines – Master the extended response on the Reasoning Through Language Arts GED® Test using guidelines for planning, writing, and evaluating your written work